CHOCOLATE SNACK CAKE for HUNGRY KIDSFrom vindee 7 years ago
- butter – ½ cup/100gms shopping list
- eggs – 3 shopping list
- sugar – 1 ¼ cups shopping list
- flour – 1 1/4 cups shopping list
- cocoa – ½ cup shopping list
- baking powder – 1 tsp shopping list
- baking soda – ¼ tsp shopping list
- salt – ¼ tsp shopping list
- yogurt – 4 tbsp / thick shopping list
- Cream – 2 tbsp / 25 % fat shopping list
- vanilla essence – 1 tsp shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Grease well and line bottom of 8” ring tin
- Sift the dry ingredients together. Keep aside
- Mix the yogurt + cream in a small bowl. Keep aside
- Beat the butter + sugar well until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs 1 by 1, scraping the sides down after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla essence
- On low speed, beat in the dry ingredients alternatively with yogurt and cream mix…in 3 goes.
- If you like, you can add chocolate chips and/or chopped walnuts.
- Put the batter into the tin and level out. Sprinkle with coloured/chocolate sprinkles if desired.
- Bake for approximately 60 mins, or till the tester comes out clean.
- Cool in tin on rack for 10 mins
- Turn it out on rack, handling gently while warm, as it’s quite delicate while warm.
- This cake is delicious and moist when fresh out of the oven!!
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookvindee Gurgaon, IN
The Rating4 people
I agree with the yoghurt, mmmmhunnee in Nanaimo loved it
Yummy recipe, Vindee!cinnamon in Beverly Hills loved it
ur cake sounds delicous!great post.angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it