CHOCOLATE SNACK CAKE for HUNGRY KIDSFrom vindee 8 years ago
- butter – ½ cup/100gms shopping list
- eggs – 3 shopping list
- sugar – 1 ¼ cups shopping list
- flour – 1 1/4 cups shopping list
- cocoa – ½ cup shopping list
- baking powder – 1 tsp shopping list
- baking soda – ¼ tsp shopping list
- salt – ¼ tsp shopping list
- yogurt – 4 tbsp / thick shopping list
- Cream – 2 tbsp / 25 % fat shopping list
- vanilla essence – 1 tsp shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Grease well and line bottom of 8” ring tin
- Sift the dry ingredients together. Keep aside
- Mix the yogurt + cream in a small bowl. Keep aside
- Beat the butter + sugar well until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs 1 by 1, scraping the sides down after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla essence
- On low speed, beat in the dry ingredients alternatively with yogurt and cream mix…in 3 goes.
- If you like, you can add chocolate chips and/or chopped walnuts.
- Put the batter into the tin and level out. Sprinkle with coloured/chocolate sprinkles if desired.
- Bake for approximately 60 mins, or till the tester comes out clean.
- Cool in tin on rack for 10 mins
- Turn it out on rack, handling gently while warm, as it’s quite delicate while warm.
- This cake is delicious and moist when fresh out of the oven!!
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookvindee Gurgaon, IN
The Rating4 people
ur cake sounds delicous!great post.angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
Yummy recipe, Vindee!cinnamon in Beverly Hills loved it
I agree with the yoghurt, mmmmhunnee in Nanaimo loved it