Braised Tofu And PorkFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 14 ounces soft or silken tofu (one package), drained and sliced into approximately 1/2-inch-thick squares shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground pork (or chicken, beef, etc.) shopping list
- Four green onions, rough chopped shopping list
- 1/2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (vegetable oil) shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sake (or dry white wine) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground (or to taste) shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cold water shopping list
- 1/2 cup snow peas (or sugar snap peas, peas, etc.) cleaned, trimmed, or thawed (as necessary) shopping list
- 2 cups hot steamed rice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat a skillet or wok on medium-high heat. I
- n a bowl, mix together sugar, sake, shoyu, ground pepper, and broth.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch with cold water.
- Add oil to pan.
- When subtly shimmering, add ginger and green onions and swirl to distribute while cooking (about thirty seconds).
- Add pork and cook, stirring to break up clumps.
- As pork cooks and loses pink, add oyster sauce, and stir to cook and distribute.
- Add broth mixture. Add peas.
- When the contents of the pan come to a boil, lower heat to medium, and simmer for three minutes over medium heat.
- Add cornstarch mixture, distributing evenly. When it begins to simmer, check sauce for consistency (simmer longer for thicker sauce).
- Transfer to serving bowl/platter, or serve directly over single serving bowls of hot rice.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
Sounds yummy to me Jm:)55555lanacountry in Macon loved it