Crab Apple PicklesFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- To prevent apples from bursting run a large sterilized needle through each.
- Tie spices in a cheesecloth bag.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large sauce pot.
- Add spices and boil 5 minutes.
- Add apples a layer at a time and cook gently until apples are almost tender.
- Carefully remove apples then repeat until all apples are cooked.
- Pour boiling syrup over apples then cover and let apples stand 18 hours in a cool place.
- Carefully pack apples into hot jars leaving 1/4" head space.
- Remove spice bag.
- Bring pickling liquid to a boil.
- Pour hot liquid over apples leaving 1/4" head space then remove air bubbles.
- Adjust caps and process in boiling water bath.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!