Sweet Potato SoupFrom dvisscher 8 years ago
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 carrot, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 c fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and diced ( about 3 medium sized) shopping list
- 2 c chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 c milk shopping list
- 1/2 c half-and-half shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan melt butter then add the onions, carrot, and parsley and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, broth, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper then bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Cool but do not drain, then add to a blender and puree.
- Return mixture to saucepan and add milk and half-and-half.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes then ladle into bowls.
- (You can serve this cold, as well, it will actually keep really well in the fridge for one week.)
The Cookdvisscher Cottam, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!