Mustard PicklesFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1 head cauliflower separated into small flowerets shopping list
- 1 head cabbage coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 bunch celery coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 quart green tomatoes coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 quart cucumbers coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 quart white onions chopped shopping list
- 3 sweet red peppers chopped shopping list
- 1 gallon water shopping list
- 1 cup pure granulated salt shopping list
- 3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 6 cups cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 pint water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons celery seed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon turmeric shopping list
- 1 cup vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Put all vegetables in a large bowl or container.
- Combine 1 gallon water and salt and stir until salt dissolves.
- Pour salt water mixture over vegetables and let stand overnight.
- The next morning drain vegetables well.
- In preserving kettle stir sugar and flour together then mix in 1 cup vinegar until smooth.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except vegetables and heat to boiling.
- Add drained vegetables then heat to boiling and lower heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir frequently.
- Ladle relish into clean hot pint jars to within 1/4 inch of tops.
- Run a slim non metal tool down along the insides of jars to release any air bubbles.
- Add additional relish if necessary to bring to within 1/4 inch of tops.
- Wipe off tops and threads of jars with a damp clean cloth.
- Put on lids and screw bands as manufacturer directs.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 20 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!