No-fail christmas cookie doughFrom jaie 8 years ago
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- 6 tablespoons sour cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1-1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powdr and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk egg yolks, sour cream and vanilla until well combined.
- Whisking constantly, gradually pour butter into sour cream mixture and whisk until completely incorporated.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Knead dough by hand in the bowl until flour is completely blended and dough has formed into a ball.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface and divide in half.
- Shape each half into a 3/4-inch thick rectangle and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Adjust oven racks to upper and middle positions of oven.
- Heat oven to 325°.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out 1 rectangle of dough between 2 sheets of lightly floured parchment paper to an even 1/8-inch thick.
- Note: If dough seems soft, slide the rolled dough, still between parchment paper, onto baking sheet and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut dough into desired shapes using cookie cutters and place onto parchment-lined baking sheets, about 1-inch apart.
- Bake until cookies are lightly browned around the edges, about 16-18 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking time.
- Repeat process with remaining dough.
- Cool cookies on wire racks to room temperature before glazing or decorating.
- Any dough scraps can be kneaded together and re-rolled.