TurduckenFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 2 ¾ cups prepared whole grain savoury bread stuffing, divided use shopping list
- 2 cups prepared cornbread stuffing, at room temperature, divided use shopping list
- 1/8 cup chopped pine nuts shopping list
- ¾ cup whole berry cranberry sauce (preferably home-made) shopping list
- 1 (12-pound) turkey, deboned except for legs and wings shopping list
- 1 (4-pound) duck, deboned shopping list
- 1 (3-pound) chicken, deboned shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Measure out 2 ¼ cups of bread stuffing and set aside.
- Place remaining ½ cup of bread stuffing in another bowl and add ½ cup of the cornbread stuffing along with the cranberry sauce and nuts.
- Toss gently to combine. You should have 3 separate stuffings.
- Flip the turkey over so it is open and skin-side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread plain bread stuffing evenly over turkey cavity.
- Place duck on top of bread stuffing, skin-side down.
- Spread cranberry nut stuffing on top of open duck cavity.
- Top with chicken, skin-side down.
- Spread cornbread stuffing on top of open chicken cavity.
- With a long skewer, thread the back of the chicken closed (keep skewer ends outside of the total meat surface so you can remove them).
- Bring up the sides of the duck to cover the chicken. Repeat skewering process.
- Repeat process with the turkey.
- Carefully turn the turducken over, so it is seam-side down and breast-side up.
- Remove duck and chicken skewers, leaving the last one holding the turkey together.
- Place turducken in a heavy roaster.
- Roast 3 to 4 hours, until meat thermometer inserted in the very center of the chicken stuffing reaches 165 F.
- Baste once per hour with pan juices.
- If turducken begins to get too brown, tent loosely with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Let turducken rest 30 minutes before carving. To serve, slice turducken across the breast to show off each layer.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Comfort Foods776 members
Party Food316 members
Cooking With Kids38 members
Food Blogs60 members
Whole Foods142 members
Just Love To Cook48 members
Good Down Home Southern Food197 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members