Blackberry SalsaFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 chipotle peppers, dried shopping list
- 6 serrano peppers, finely diced shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 12 ounces blackberries, fresh or frozen shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup shopping list
- 2 cup chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Place chipotles in a saucepan.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and boil until tender about 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Finely dice chipotles and combine with serranos, sugars, salt, cinnamon, oregano and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a low boil.
- Cook until thickened slightly about 7 or 8 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add blackberries and cook until they start to break up but not disintegrate.
- You want the salsa to have a chunky texture.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in chocolate syrup and pecans.
- Chill thoroughly, and serve over ice cream.