Moms Butternut Squash Her Version Of Pumpkin PieFrom cherihannah 5 years ago
- 1 small butternut squash ( 1 3/4 cup mashed ) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 can (12 oz. ) evaporated milk or 1 3/4 cup whole milk shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. sugar 2/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, seed and brush cut flesh with oil
- Place cut side down on rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast until tender with fork, about 30 to 35 min.
- Use a spoon to scrape out
- Discard skins.Puree in food processor for a smooth consistency.
- Combine all ingredients and mix until well blended (can use rotary beater)
- Pour into unbaked 10 in. pie crust.
- Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 min, then reduce heat to 350 and bake another 45 min.