Old fashioned cookie jar cookiesFrom jaie 8 years ago
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar (very important to pack) shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup toasted rice cereal (you can use generic) shopping list
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 1 cup flaked coconut, optional shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews, optional but worth it shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, baking soda and salt.
- Beat at low speed, scraping often, until well mixed. About 3 minutes.
- By hand, stir in rice cereal, oats, coconut if using, and cashews.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonsful 2-inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet(s).
- Bake 13-18 minutes until lightly browned.
- Watch them carefully because they can burn quickly if not tended to.
- Remove from oven and place onto racks to cool.
- Store any un-eaten portions in a tightly sealed container with slices of inexpensive white bread to keep them soft.