Smoked Turkey And Bean SoupFrom danerin2 6 years ago
- 3 cups dry beans (I used a combo of chick peas and navy beans but I’m sure any beans you like would be great) shopping list
- water for soaking and cooking shopping list
- 2-3 parsley sprigs shopping list
- 1 large onion, one half left whole and the other half chopped shopping list
- 4 carrots, chopped shopping list
- 4 celery stalks with leaves, 1 left whole and 3 chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chicken base shopping list
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- 2-3 cups smoked turkey breast, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Quick soak beans: put dry beans (picked through) in pan with 10-12 cups water. Bring up to boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered for 2 hours. Drain and rinse beans, and discard soaking water.
- Put beans back in pot and add 12 cups fresh water, the unchopped onion half, whole celery stalk, and parsley. Bring up to a simmer and cook for about 2 hours, until beans are tender. Remove vegetables and discard.
- While beans are cooking, sauté onions, carrots and celery in olive oil until celery and onions are translucent but not brown. Add garlic and red pepper and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add these vegetables to bean mixture along with chicken base. Simmer for about 30 minutes, then add chopped turkey and spinach. Heat through, correct seasonings with salt and pepper and serve hot.
The Cookdanerin2 Medford, NJ
The Rating1 people
We just had this two nights ago, and it was very good. It had a bit more vegetables than I usually put in bean soup, but I really liked it that way better. I didn't have fresh peppers, so I used a jar of roated pepper. I also used turkey legs (smo...morepressurecooker in There Are No Eats Here loved it