Tuna La Luna BurritosFrom lor 9 years ago
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 cup sweet green pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 can(19 oz) chick-peas, drained and rinsed shopping list
- *reserve 1/4 cup of liquid shopping list
- 1 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano and ground cumin shopping list
- dash or 1/4 tsp. Tobasco or other hot sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lime or lemon juice shopping list
- 4 large flour tortillas shopping list
- 2 cans(6 oz) tuna, drained and flaked shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute onion for approximately 3 minutes then add garlic, celery and 3/4 cup of the green pepper.
- Saute, for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Drain chick-peas, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid.
- Rinse chick-peas and add to skillet along with chili powder, oregano, cumin and hot sauce.
- Heat through, mashing chick-peas with potato masher.
- Stir in lime juice and reserved liquid, heat through.
- Spread evenly over each tortilla, leaving 1-inch border.
- Sprinkle with tuna pieces and roll up.
- Place, seam side down, in greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish, cover tightly with foil and bake in 400 degrees F oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, bake, uncovered, for about 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Garnish with remaining green pepper.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating2 people
This recipe looks excellent. It just caught my eye as I was searching for a tuna recipe. Thanks so much for sharing Lor and I'm anxious to try it. You've got 5 forks from me.chacha in New York loved it