Smoked Mackerel PateFrom vertangie 9 years ago
- 3 smoked mackerel fillets (coated in lemon and parsely if available, otherwise add parsley to mix) shopping list
- 100 grams low fat cream cheese shopping list
- juice from 1 a lemon shopping list
- 1 or 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- melted butter (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the mackerel fillets break the flesh into chunks
- Place all ingredients (except butter and half of the lemon) into a blender
- Blend until smooth, doesn't take long.
- Spoon into a dish or individual dishes if serving as a starter,
- Make sure there are no air gaps in the mixture as this makes it go off faster.
- For a nice finishing touch:
- Pour a little lemon onto the top of the pate in the dish.
- Place a little chopped parsley or chives in the center
- Pour just enough melted butter over the top to cover the pate and create a seal.
- This is a traditional way of keeping pate fresh for longer before the days of plastic
The Cookvertangie Penrith, GB
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!