Homemade Breakfast SausageFrom wmhaynes 9 years ago
- 1 tablespoons rosemary shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fennel shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons black pepper (fresh peppercorns if possible) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- ½ - 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper (to taste) shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 pounds lean ground pork shopping list
How to make it
- Use a mortar to grind the spices, sugar, salt, and garlic to a well ground mixture. Add oil and mix well. Mix the spice mixture with the ground pork until well mixed. You may wish to do this in a large mixer as it will take a couple of minutes. Refrigerate overnight before cooking and serving for best results.
- Makes 12 sausage patties.
- Notes: You could modify this, using less sugar and Italian herbs instead of some of the other herbs and make Italian sausage.
- Modified from a recipe by Jason Ricketts, Chiang Rai, Thailand
The Cookwmhaynes Simpsonville, SC
The Rating4 people
Finally! Love this recipe. I've been looking for a good recipe for a maple breakfast sausage.... got any or any ideas?possumqueen in Small Town loved it
GOOD AFTERNOON, WHEN I GO TO THE STORE I USUALLY GET THE BULK BREAKFAST SAUSAGE ALREADY MADE THERE. BUT I ALSO BUY GROUND PORK, THIS IS A GOOD RECIPE. THANK YOU FOR SHARING. ^5. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY...CHERYLcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!