Truffled Smashed Red PotatoesFrom blueeyezz 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb large red potatoes, with peel, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- 3/4 cup low-fat (1%) buttermilk shopping list
- 1 scallion, minced shopping list
- 1 small garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp. unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. white truffle oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. sea salt, or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring potatoes and 6 cups of water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, add buttermilk, scallion, garlic, and butter. Let simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until hot.
- Drain potatoes; add to a medium bowl.
- Whisk truffle oil into warm buttermilk mixture; add to potatoes.
- Mash potatoes to desired consistency.