Beef Bourguinon - crockpotFrom mellian 5 years ago
- 4 pounds lean beef -- cubed shopping list
- 1 cup red wine shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil (we use olive oil) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 8 slices bacon -- diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic -- crushed (I use about 6 cloves of garlic) shopping list
- 1 onion -- diced shopping list
- 1 pound mushrooms -- sliced shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate beef in wine, oil, thyme and pepper for 4 hours at room temp. or overnight in the fridge.
- In large pan, cook bacon until soft. Add garlic and onion, saute until soft. Add mushrooms and cook until slightly wilted. Drain beef, reserving liquid. Place beef in slow cooker. Sprinkle flour over the
- beef, stirring until well coated. Add mushroom mixture on top.
- Pour reserved marinade over all.
- Cook on LOW 8-9 hrs.
- Serve with egg noodles and sour cream on the side.
- Garlic bread goes well for sopping up sauce.