Armenian Roast Beef SandwichesFrom jaie 8 years ago
- 1 Armeniain cracker bread, ususally found by the deli or in international isles, 14 inches in diameter. shopping list
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened or 4 ounces whipped cream cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced roast beef shopping list
- 12-15 spinach leaves or 1 cup alfalfa sprouts shopping list
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, sliced paper thin shopping list
How to make it
- To soften cracker bread, hold round of bread under a gentle spray of cold water for about 10 seconds on each side. Just wet enough to moisten it.
- Place between clean damp cloth towels.
- Let stand until pliable, about 1 hour. Time depends on how fresh and how thin it is.
- Check often, if round still seems crisp in spots, sprinkle with a little more water.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Stir in horseradish, pepper and milk.
- Add more milk, if necessary, so cheese mixture will spread easily.
- Spread softened bread round with cheese mixture and top with beef.
- Arrange spinach leaves over beef, or sprouts, or both.
- Cover with tomato slices.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style. If you have a cracked or broken edge, start with that point.
- Cover with damp paper towels and wrap airtight.
- Refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- To serve, cut with a serrated knife into 12 slices.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!