Mangalore Fried ShrimpFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 4 teaspoons canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds shopping list
- 6 fresh or 10 frozen curry leaves, torn into pieces shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped scallion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry on paper towels.
- Put in a bowl and sprinkle with cayenne, turmeric, ground mustard and lemon juice.
- Stir gently to coat shrimp evenly with the spices.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When shrimp have marinated combine oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves in a large wok.
- Cook over medium high heat stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook stirring 30 seconds stirring often.
- Add scallion and cook stirring until shrimp turn pink all over about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve hot.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!