Apricot Chicken with Apricot RiceFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 whole chicken breasts split skinned and boned shopping list
- 10 ounce jar apricot preserves shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 12 dried apricots chopped shopping list
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts drained and liquid reserved shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 red or green bell pepper cut into strips shopping list
- 3 stalks celery diagonally sliced shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions sliced shopping list
- 6 ounce package frozen pea pods shopping list
- apricot Rice: shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup Azato-grain rice shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat until foamy.
- Add chicken to skillet in single layer then cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in preserves, water, soy sauce, apricots, liquid from chestnuts, ginger and garlic powder.
- Simmer 25 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, celery, bell pepper, water chestnuts, green onions and pea pods to skillet.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables are heated through.
- Serve chicken and vegetables over rice.
- To make rice combine water, apricots and salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then stir in rice.
- Cover and reduce heat then simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand 5 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!