PEACH BLACKBERRY PIEFrom vino4dino 6 years ago
- Easy pie crust for a 9-inch double-crust pie shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 10 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup ice water shopping list
- peach BLACKBERRY PIE shopping list
- 5 cups peeled and sliced ripe peaches (8 peaches) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries shopping list
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 2 teaspoons water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- EASY PIE CRUST
- 1. Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor; pulse on and off to mix. Add the butter and pulse the machine on and off until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 2. With the machine running, trickle in the ice water through the feed tube, just until the dough gathers together. (If the dough seems dry, add up to 1 tablespoon more water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time.) Remove the dough from the machine and divide it in half. Flatten each half with the palm of your hand to form a thick disk. Wrap the 2 disks in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Use the dough as directed for a single- or double-crust pie: Remove one disk of dough from the refrigerator. Unwrap it and roll it out on a lightly floured work surface or between 2 sheets of waxed paper to form a circle about 1/8-inch thick and 2 inches larger than the pie plate. Work quickly, as the dough can become sticky. Use a spatula to help lift the dough and fold it loosely in half and then into quarters. Gently transfer it to the pie plate, centering the corner of the dough in the center of the plate. Open up the dough and press it lightly into the plate to fit. If the dough should tear, just press it gently together. Trim the dough, leaving a 1-inch overhang. If making a single-crust pie, turn the edge under and flute it decoratively.
- 4. Repeat the rolling process to make a top crust or another bottom crust. The circle for a top crust should be 9 inches for an 8-inch pie; it should be 10 inches for a 9-inch pie.
- 1. Prepare the pie dough as directed through Step 4, rolling out the bottom crust to fit a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out the top crust and place it on a plate. Wrap both crusts and chill until ready to use.
- 2. Combine the peaches, blackberries, lemon juice and salt; set aside. Combine the ginger, flour and brown sugar; toss with the fruits. Let rest for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 3. Combine the egg white and water in a small bowl. Remove the pie crusts from the refrigerator. Brush some of the egg-white mixture over the bottom and sides of the bottom pie crust to prevent sogginess. Add the fruit filling, mounding the peaches in the center.
- 4. Cover the filling with the top crust. Trim the overhang to 1 inch. With water, moisten the edges of the crusts where they meet, then press together lightly and turn under. Crimp the edges decoratively. Cut 6 decorative steam slits in the top crust. Brush the top crust lightly all over with the remaining egg-white mixture. Sprinkle lightly with the granulated sugar.
- 5. Place the pie on the center rack of the oven and bake until it is golden and the juices are bubbling, about 60 to 70 minutes. Let the pie cool on a rack before serving just slightly warm or at room temperature.
The Cookvino4dino Baltimore, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!