Twice Cooked CornFrom thepiggs 8 years ago
- 10 ears of corn (I use farm-fresh peaches and Cream) shopping list
- 1½ Cups okra, cut up (optional ingredient) shopping list
- Favorite breading mixture (optional ingredient) shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, crushed shopping list
- ½ Cup fresh chopped tomato shopping list
- 4 slices of smoked bacon, fried and crumbled shopping list
- ⅓ Cup grated parmesan cheese plus extra to sprinkle on finished dish shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Grill corn on cob on very hot outdoor grill or on very hot kitchen grill top until kernels are slightly browned.
- Cool and cut corn off the cobs.
- Bread okra pieces in favorite breading mixture, if desired, and fry in oil until nearly done. Set aside.
- On a large kitchen grill or large sauté pan, add enough olive oil to quickly sauté onion and pepper. Add garlic when nearly done. Set aside.
- Add more olive oil to hot grill or sauté pan, add corn and stir constantly, add okra and continue stirring and turning. Add tomato, sautéed onion and peppers, and crumbled bacon. Continue turning until mixture is very hot.
- Stir in salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese and quickly move to serving dish. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese, serve.
- NOTE: Substitute cubed smoked ham for bacon if desired. Can also add sautéed zucchini or yellow squash along with the sautéed onions and peppers near the last.
- I use lots of garlic but one clove will work if you don’t care for much garlic.
- A chopped spicy pepper or red pepper flakes can be added if desired.