Dinner in a PumpkinFrom mellian 9 years ago
- 1 Medium size pumpkin, about 4 pounds shopping list
- 1-1/2 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 TBL brown sugar shopping list
- 1 (4 oz) can mushrooms shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 2 cup cooked rice shopping list
- Decoration: shopping list
- black olives shopping list
- steamed carrot shopping list
- whole cloves shopping list
- fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Cut lid from pumpkin, scrape out the inside of the pumpkin good and
- discard what you scrap out.
- In a large skillet brown hamburger, green pepper, celery and onion. Mix
- salt, pepper, soy sauce, brown sugar, mushrooms, cream of chicken soup
- and cooked rice together. Mix together with hamburger, green pepper,
- celery and onion. Mix well and place mixture into pumpkin. Place lid on
- Place pumpkin on foil lined cookie sheet and bake in 350 oven for 1-1/2
- When you spoon your portion, be sure and scrape and get some of the
- cooked pumpkin too.
- Optional: If you want to decorate outside of pumpkin. (I don't do this
- Using toothpicks use olives for the eyes, steamed carrot for the nose
- and whole cloves for the mouth. Use fresh parsley around top for hair.
- Posted by: Bonnie from Washington
- Source: www.nancys-kitchen.com
- Mel's notes: Ok.. gotta lose the brown sugar and soy sauce. I had to use some Worchestershire to kill the "teriyaki" flavor. I think it would be better with cream of mushroom soup, too. It was still very, very good and the pumpkin rocks! Made this for Halloween 2006.
The Cookmellian Deltona, FL
The Rating2 people
YAY!!! So glad I found this (we're in the middle of moving & mine is packed away)! It is definitely a family favorite. We serve it every year on Halloween ad have for years.glitterskin in Albuquerque loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!