No-milk White LasagnaFrom legoflamb 6 years ago
- 1 small onion, diced shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, diced shopping list
- 1 large yellow squash, large dice shopping list
- 2 medium zucchini, large dice shopping list
- 10 medium mushrooms, large dice shopping list
- 8 oz cottage cheese shopping list
- 8 oz ricotta cheese shopping list
- 4 oz parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1 box (8 oz) no-boil lasagna noodles shopping list
- 4 pre-cooked chicken sausages (Omit for vegetarian version) shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth (or use vegetable broth) shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 3 tsp butter (or use more olive oil) shopping list
- 2 tbs oregano shopping list
- 1 tbs tarragon shopping list
- 1 tbs garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put Olive Oil in a pan over medium flame. Add Onions and Carrots and saute for 3 minutes. Add Squash and Zucchini and 1/2 tsp Salt and then saute 3 more minutes. Add Mushrooms, Tarragon and Oregano and saute 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup Broth, scrape bottom of pan with wooden spoon. Reduce flame and simmer covered untill liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Roughly chop Chicken sausage (Omit this step if making vegetarian version). Melt 1 tsp Butter in a pan over medium flame and add sausage. Saute several minutes untill sausage begins to brown. Add 1/2 cup Broth, scrape bottom of pan with wooden spoon. Reduce flame and simmer covered untill liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Combine sauteed vegetables and sausage (if being used).
- In a large mixing bowl combine Cottage Cheese, Ricotta, 3 oz Parmesan, 1/2 tsp Salt, Black Pepper, and Garlic Powder. In another bowl seperate 2 Egg whites and beat to a froth. Fold Egg whites into Cheese mixture.
- Use remaining Butter (or Olive Oil instead) to grease lasagna pan. I like to use bread pans because of the high sides. This recipe will call for 2-3 depending on size.
- Start with a layer of No-Boil Lasagna Noodles on the bottom of the pan (these noodles are really great and cook in the oven with out any fuss). Then spread a thin layer of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles. Follow that with a thin layer of the vegetables and sausage. Repeat for 2 or 3 layers depending on the height of the pan. Top with another thin layer of cheese and sprinkle with reserved Parmesan.
- Cover pans with aluminum foil and bake in oven at 325 degrees for 1 hour (or untill noodles are tender).