Beer-Braised SteakFrom mkhs1974 7 years ago
- 2 lbs chuck or blade steak, cut into chunks shopping list
- 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped into large chunks shopping list
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 bottle dark beer shopping list
- 1 t. vinegar shopping list
- sachet garden herbs shopping list
- parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 T. vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in Dutch oven or large skillet (must be oven-safe).
- Mix flour with salt and pepper. Coat the meat thoroughly with this mixture.
- Quickly brown meat on all sides, then remove from pan, leaving the oil and drippings.
- Put the onion and carrots in the pot or pan, turn down the heat and simmer slowly for 5 minutes.
- Put the meat back in, add the beer, vinegar and herbs and mix well.
- Put a lid on the pot or pan and place in preheated 330 degree oven for 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- If the mix becomes too dry while braising in the oven, add some water.
- When ready to serve, take out the herb sachet. Sprinkle the parsley over the dish. Serve with mashed potatoes and a green salad.