Stuffed PotatoesFrom pluto 8 years ago
- 8 medium size potatoes elongated in shape, peeled and soaked in salty water for 15 minutes. shopping list
- 3 medium size tomatoes diced. shopping list
- 3 hot green chilli peppers medium size chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 3 gloves of garlic mashed, shopping list
- 2 cubes of maggi chicken cubes shopping list
- 2 table spoons tomato paste. shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celantro leaves shopping list
- 500 gram lean ground beef. shopping list
- 1 table spoon salt shopping list
- 1 table spoon sugar (or 2 table spoons pan cake maple syrup). shopping list
- 2 tea spoons mixed spices shopping list
- 1 tea spoon balck pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tea spoon ground nutmeg. shopping list
- 4 table spoons pine seeds shopping list
- 4 table spoons pistachio seeds out of the shell shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or cheddar) shopping list
- 5 table spoons vegitable oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Core the peeled potatoes after soaking in salty water with a corer, make sure you leave 1 cm of potato in thickness from all sides. Keep all the potato peices that comes out from the vored potatoes.
- Fry the cored potatoes in vegitable oil until browned all over, then keep a side.
- Fry the onions with half the chopped green chilli for 5 minutes. Then add the ground beef, salt, sugar or maple syrup, mixed spices, nutmeg and mix until all the meat becomes brown and almost cooked. remove and set a side.
- In the same frying pan, fry the potato peices from the corer, add 1 table spoon of oil if needed, then add the tomatoes, the remaining half of chopped green chilli, 1/2 teas spoon black pepper, maggi cubes and tomato paste, celantro mashed garlic and let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the stove and empty all the sauce in a large 20x40 cm size Pyrex and set a side.
- Fry the pistachio and pine nuts for 3 minutes with 1/2 tea spoon of sugar and a dash of salt until the pine nuts develop a golden color.
- Mix the nuts with the ground beef and stuff the cored potatoes with the meat/nuts mix until full.
- Place the potatoes in the Pyrex and over the sauce.
- Sprinkle the shreded cheese over the potatoes, cover wiith foil paper and bake in a hot oven at 350 deg. for 10 minutes. Remove the foil paper and grill for an additional 5 minutes to give it a golden brown color.
The Cookpluto Markham, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!