Chicken sausage Zucchini FritattaFrom gotmusicinme 9 years ago
- 1 cup diced zucchini (1 small zucchini, see note) shopping list
- 1 T olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely diced sun-dried tomatoes shopping list
- 2 links Casual Gourmet chicken sausage with red pepper and basil (or use your favorite sausage) shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 2 T half and half shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. Spike seasoning shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- fresh grated parmesan for top of frittata shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler. Cut zucchini in fourths lengthwise, cut away some of the white part, leaving about 3/8 inch white part remaining, then cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in heavy 12 inch non-stick or cast iron frying pan, then saute zucchini 3 minutes.
- While zucchini sautes, cut sausage lengthwise into fourths, then
- into 3/4 inch pieces. Add diced sausage to zucchini and saute 3 minutes more.
- Add diced sun-dried tomatoes and saute 2 minutes more.
- Beat eggs with cream, Spike and pepper. Pour eggs over zucchini mixture , stir gently to be sure zucchini, sausage and tomatoes are evenly distributed in eggs. Cover pan and cook about 10 minutes, until eggs are nearly set but still glistening on top.
- Grate desired amount of parmesan over top of frittata and place under broiler 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted, frittata is slightly
- puffed up and top is starting to brown. Serve immediately
The Cookgotmusicinme Martinez, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!