Brown Rice and Raisins with Chicken optionalFrom thepiggs 10 years ago
- 1 Cup brown rice shopping list
- ¼ Cup dark raisins shopping list
- ¼ Cup golden raisins shopping list
- ¼ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 Tbls olive oil shopping list
- ½ Cup chopped red onion shopping list
- ½ Cup chopped celery shopping list
- ¼ sliced green onion shopping list
- 1/3 chopped cashews shopping list
- 1 Cup diced cooked chicken breast (optional) shopping list
- sea salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice as directed on package. Drain and add raisins and cinnamon. Cover and set aside. Raisins will plump while setting.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add red onion and celery. Cook until soft.
- Add diced chicken and cook until onion is browned.
- Add green onions, reduce heat to low, cover and cook an additional five minutes.
- Stir in rice and raisins, sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
The Cookthepiggs MO
The Rating5 people
I just had to try this one! I love raisins and the combination of that and the red onions and celery sounded great. It is delicious! The flavors are subtle and I think it will taste even better tomorrow. (I did have to add a bit of water to simmer it...morehuminbrd56 in Concord loved it
Sounds good will try this tonightwolffie in Fort Mill loved it
Tes! I like different brown rice recipes.dynie in Marietta loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!