Moroccan Chicken Casserole RecipeFrom reever2 7 years ago
- 1 large whole chicken, cut into 4 pieces shopping list
- 100 ml olive oil shopping list
- A few springs of thyme shopping list
- 500 g of salad potatoes, sliced lengthways shopping list
- 6 shallots, halved shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 150 g black olives, stoned shopping list
- 1 lemon zest shopping list
- 2 Tbsp white wine shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 ½ Tbsp paprika shopping list
- 150 g cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 dried red chilli pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 1 big bowl shopping list
- 1 frying pan shopping list
- 1 casserole dish shopping list
- 1 small pot shopping list
- 1 colander shopping list
- 1 spoon shopping list
- 1 knife shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven: Start by turning the oven to 200ºC.
- Season the chicken: Rub the chicken with 1-2 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Par boil the potatoes: In a small pot cover the potatoes with water, place on the heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling cook for 3 minutes. Take off the heat, drain and put aside.
- Prepare the chicken: Heat a heavy skillet or frying pan and add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Once heated up, place the chicken quarters in the pan skin side down, brown them and then add the shallots and garlic until all lightly browned. Add the potatoes and cook until lightly browned. Put the lemon zest in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Combine the ingredients together: Put the chicken and potatoes into a big bowl. Next, add to the bowl all the remaining ingredients, except the parsley.
- Mix the ingredients: Make sure your hands are properly washed and mix all the ingredients together.
- Place all in dish: Using a casserole dish large enough to hold all the ingredients, pour in the mixture.
- Put in the oven: Place the dish in the oven and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 200ºC.
- Baste the chicken: Baste the casserole occasionally during the cooking time to keep the chicken covered with the juices, you can add about half a cup of water if there are not enough juices.
- Serve and enjoy: When cooked thoroughly, take the casserole out of the oven and serve with freshly chopped parsley.
The Cookreever2 St Albans, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!