Date Filled CookiesFrom michellem 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter, butter Crisco or margarine( I use real butter for these) shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 tsp soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup dates or raisins(I use the dates) shopping list
- date filling instructions below. shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and add sugar, egg, milk .
- Add the dry ingredients and mis well
- For the Filling:
- Add to a sauce pan:
- 1 cup chopped dates or raisins
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup water
- Cook until thick , about 8 min.
- Cool filling.
- Roll out cookie dough
- Cut into round circles.(use a cookie cutter or the top of a glass)
- Fill with filling,fold circle in half and seal with fork.
- Bake until lightly brown(around 9 min) at 350*
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating3 people
Got to get my snowshoes out...yep love Dates in a Cookie! Tops! Wow...a **Big** Cookie!pink in USA loved it
This is great recipe.We have a similar recipe in the oriental cusine and yes it is best with real butter.Thanks for sharing.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
I haven't made these in years, forgot about this recipe, maybe I miss placed mine since I haven't been making them. Thank you for posting this one, now I can make them again. Another 5 for you.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!