Tarte Tatin aux PoiresFrom loulou 8 years ago
How to make it
- Peel, halve, and core pears.
- In a 9- to 10-inch ovenproof non-stick skillet or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet heat butter over moderate heat until foam subsides and stir in sugar (sugar will not be dissolved).
- Arrange pears, cut sides up, in skillet.
- Cook without stirring until sugar mixture forms a deep golden caramel. (This can take as little as 10 minutes or as much as 25, depending on skillet and stove.)
- Cool pears completely in skillet.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the pastry over caramelized pears and tuck the edge around pears, down into the skillet.
- Bake tart in middle of oven until pastry is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Have ready a rimmed serving plate slightly larger than skillet.
- As soon as tart has finished baking, invert plate over skillet and, wearing oven mitts and keeping plate and skillet firmly pressed together, invert tart onto plate.
- Serve tart warm or at room temperature with whipped cream, ice cream or crème fraîche.
The Cookloulou FR
- Not added to any groups yet!