Cream Of Potato Leek SoupFrom smurfetta 9 years ago
How to make it
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil.
- Cook until potatoes are just tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, place bacon in a large, deep skillet and fry over medium high heat until evenly browned.
- Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of grease and set aside.
- Saute leeks in the frying pan with the reserved bacon grease 8 to 10 minutes.
- When the potatoes are tender, stir in the fried leeks, heavy cream and bacon.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir to blend and remove from heat. Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cooksmurfetta Huntsville, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!