Hearty Apple Cheese LatkesFrom thepiggs 6 years ago
- 1 cup cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 cup apples, peeled and coarsely grated shopping list
- ¼ tsp sea salt shopping list
- ¾ cup flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp honey shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- ½ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped almonds (optional) shopping list
- ¾ cup golden raisins, plumped in apple juice (optional) shopping list
- 4 large eggs, yolks separated from whites shopping list
How to make it
- Mix cottage cheese, apples, salt, flour, honey, lemon juice and egg yolks together.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into cottage chees mixture, with raisins and almonds (if desired).
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray or lightly oil with canola oil.
- Heat skillet an drop batter to form pancakes. Turn when bottom is browned.