Bread Pudding with Caramel SauceFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 1 loaf fresh white bread, cubed shopping list
- 4 cups milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg shopping list
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- caramel sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Place the cubed bread in a large mixing bowl and set aside. In a large saucepan bring the milk and butter to a simmer. In a large stainless bowl combine the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, whisking to blend. Slowly pour a steady stream of the heated milk into the egg mixture, whisking the entire time until fully mixed.
- Spread half of the bread cubes over the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan. Layer with apple slices and raisins. Top with the remaining bread cubes. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the cubes 1 cup at a time. Use a spatula to press down the layers until all the liquid is absorbed. Cover the bread pudding with foil or parchment paper, place on the top rack of the oven, and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Serve with Caramel Sauce (see recipe below).
- Caramel Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups cream, warmed
- 6 Tbsps butter
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, combine the sugar and water. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 10-15 minutes or until brown. Remove the pan from the heat and slowly add the cream, stirring rapidly to blend. Add the butter. Continue to summer, stirring frequently, an additional 15 to 20 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. Makes 12 servings.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!