Arugula Orange Salad with Toasted Walnut DressingFrom hollyeats 8 years ago
- 1 large bag, or 2 small, arugula (also known as rocket or rucola) greens shopping list
- 1 large seedless orange shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, cooled and chopped coarsely shopping list
- 4-6 oz. fresh parmesan cheese (NOT grated) shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnut oil shopping list
- Scant 1/4 cup walnut vinegar (or use apple) shopping list
- 2 TBS water shopping list
- orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 TBS coarse-grain mustard shopping list
- 2 TBS maple syrup shopping list
- 1 TBS sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- Fresh-ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- If not ready-washed, wash and dry the arugula.
- Peel the orange and, catching and reserving all the juices, section and cut into small bits.
- Slice the Parmesan very thinly into flakes. Do not grate.
- Toss these ingredients along with the walnuts in a large, deep bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients, including reserved orange juice, in a tightly sealed jar and shake until emulsified.
- Just before serving, pour over the dressing and toss again.
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!