Deep Fried Corn on the CobFrom jcfsaiyan 8 years ago
- peanut oil ( or personal favorite) shopping list
- 4 Fresh or fully thawed, ears of corn broken or cut in half. shopping list
- **** for Batter**** shopping list
- 1/2 Cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 eggs (well Beaten) shopping list
- 1/2 Cup corn Meal (may have to add more to make batter thick enough) shopping list
- ****for Coating**** shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Self-Rising flour (may need more according to preference) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (all of these can be added to according to taste preferences) shopping list
How to make it
- In a Deep Fat Fryer or Deep Heavy Dutch Oven, Preheat oil to 375 degrees
- Make Batter With Cornmeal,Buttermilk, and Eggs ( set aside)
- Combine Flour,Garlic powder,Salt, and Pepper (set aside)
- Dip Corn ears into Cornmeal batter to coat
- Roll in Flour mixture
- With Cooking Tongs, (holding at a safe distance) Slowly place ears of Corn in hot Oil 1 at a time
- Fry for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels
- Serve with corn holders and season as desired.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookjcfsaiyan Maud, OK
The Rating2 people
I like it! I like it! Nice post thanks!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
OMG... sounds like a Texas thing... we fry everything down here.. Gotta try it..bookmarked now.
Lindalinebb956 in La Feria loved it
These were so good... Not good for the hips.. but good tasting! Kids loved it.linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!