Pesto SauceFrom yadikay 9 years ago
How to make it
- Place basil leaves in small batches in food processor and whip until well chopped (do about 3/4 cup at a time).
- Add about 1/3 the nuts and garlic, blend again.
- Add about 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese; blend while slowly adding about 1/3 of the olive oil, stopping to scrape down sides of container.
- Process basil pesto it forms a thick smooth paste.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used, mix all batches together well.
- Serve over pasta.
- Basil pesto keeps in refrigerator one week, or freeze for a few mont
The Cookyadikay Aiea, HI
The Rating1 people
I grow so much basil I end up making lots of pesto,
so I end up freezing lots of it.
Sometimes I will blend up the leaves with a small amount of water and pour it into ice cube trays then use them up in soup as needed.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!