Chicken Tortilla CasseroleFrom mkhs1974 6 years ago
- 4 whole chicken breasts shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 2 cans of 7 oz. green chili salsa shopping list
- 1 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 1 c. milk shopping list
- 1 pkg corn tortillas (12) shopping list
- 1 can sliced olives shopping list
- 1 lb. shredded cheese: chedder, jack, or a mix of both shopping list
- 1 T. onions shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken in large pan, season with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 cup water. Cover. Bring to a boil; lower heat to simmer. Steam chicken until tender, about 1 hour. Let chicken cool. Reserve broth.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Mix broth, soup, salsa and milk; set aside.
- Cut tortillas into one-inch square pieces. Arrange half of tortilla pieces in bottom of casserole pan and top with half of the chicken pieces and half of the olives. Repeat with remaining half of ingredients.
- Pour soup mixture over all and top with cheese and onions.
- Refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 1 hour or until heated through.