Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede Homestyle Cream Of Vegetable SoupFrom julesong 5 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cooked vegetables (for instance, diced potatoes and carrots, or canned Veg-All will work) shopping list
- 1 pint half-and-half shopping list
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Over medium-low heat, melt the butter or margarine in a 3-quart pot, then add the onion and garlic powders and corn syrup. Let cook for 1 minute, but do not allow to brown.
- Add the flour, white pepper, salt, chicken broth, water, and cooked vegetables and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the half-and-half and simmer, stirring constantly, until your desired consistency is reached. Do not allow it to come to a boil.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.