Chiarellos Napa Style Dried Fruit Compote With ZambuccaFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- dried fruit Compote with Sambuca shopping list
- This quick compote is a good choice for a winter dinner when you have little time to cook but want to make an impression. You can prepare it ahead (it's better made ahead), then spoon it over store-bought ice cream to create an original and memorable dessert. I also like it with blue cheese at the end of a meal, especially if there's a dessert wine on the table. shopping list
- (Makes about 5 cups) shopping list
- 1 cup dried peaches or nectarines, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips shopping list
- 1 cup dried pears, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips shopping list
- 1 cup dried apricots, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips or quartered shopping list
- 1/2 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cherries shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 whole cloves shopping list
- 1-inch piece cinnamon stick shopping list
- 2 lemon zest strips shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sambuca or other anise liqueur shopping list
How to make it
- Put the peaches, pears, apricots, raisins, and cherries in a bowl.
- Mix the water, sugar, cloves, cinnamon, and lemon zest in a saucepan.
- Bring slowly to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Simmer for 1 minute, then pour the syrup over the fruit
- . Let stand until cool, stirring occasionally, then stir in the lemon juice and sambuca.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!