Cream of Broccoli SoupFrom plot_thickens 9 years ago
- bacon fat or butter shopping list
- onion shopping list
- flour shopping list
- garlic shopping list
- celery shopping list
- chicken stock (big can) shopping list
- 1 - 3 heads broccoli (depending on how broccoli-y you want it ), washed, snapped into florets, stems heavily peeled and cut into rounds shopping list
- Cream shopping list
- Grated Cheeses: Cheddar and whatever other cheese you like. I add cheddar, parmesan, cream cheese, sour cream, etc. shopping list
How to make it
- Sautee up a chopped onion in some bacon fat or butter with 2 T flour on med-low for 3 - 5 mins until translucent. Add more fat as necessary to the onion & roux. For a vegetarian recipe, use butter.
- Add 1 - 4 minced garlic cloves and some chopped celery.
- When garlic starts to brown, add a lot of chicken stock, the BIG can. Yes, the whole thing.
- Bring to a boil.
- Throw in the broccoli. Steam/boil until done. The broccoli is done when it's bright green and a fork slides into it easily. Do not overcook!
- Take off the heat.
- Blenderize/hand blenderize. Hand blenders rock!
- Warm it back up.
- Add some cream and stir.
- Add your grated cheese and stir.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookplot_thickens Alameda, CA
The Rating5 people
My gf will love this !cheftom in Lindenhurst loved it
This was really good.satanenterprises in Dunedin loved it
Great recipe, Plot Thickener ;-) Love it!
^5windy1950 in Flint loved it