German Chocolate Angel PieFrom zena824 5 years ago
- chocolate Cream Filling: shopping list
- 1 four ounce bar German sweet chocolate shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped shopping list
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tarter shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Beat egg whites with salt and cream of tarter until foamy.
- Add sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in vanilla and nuts.
- Spoon into lightly greased 8 inch pie pan to form nest like shell, building sides up to 1/2 inch above edge of pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Stir chocolate in water over low heat until melted; cool until thick.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
- Pile into cooled shell.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Substitute: 5 ounces Hershey chocolate bar for German Choc.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating1 people
Another mouthwatering recipe.I adore meringue crust piesahmed1 in Cairo loved it