ENGLISH TOFFEE ICE CREAM PIEFrom linebb956 7 years ago
- 1/2 package pie crust MIX shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown suger, packed shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 square unsweetened chocolate, grated shopping list
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract shopping list
- FILLING shopping list
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream shopping list
- 1 quart English-toffee OR coffee ice-cream shopping list
- coffee whipped cream shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee shopping list
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar shopping list
- chocolate curls shopping list
How to make it
- Make Pastry Shell:
- Preheat oven to 375f
- In a medium gowl combine piecrust mix, brown sugar, nuts and grated chocolate... mix well with a fork
- Add 2 tablespoon water and vanilla. Blend well
- With moistened hands, press mixture firmly to bottom and side of well buttered 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake 20 minutes
- Cool, and freeze at least an hour before adding filling
- TO FILL SHELL
- Let ice creams stand in frig to soften slightly
- Quickly fill bottom with chocolate ice cream
- then top with toffee or coffee ice cream spread evenl
- Freeze for 2 hours
- MAKE COFFEE WHIPPED CREAM:
- With portable mixer.. whip cream with instant coffee and sonfectioners sugar just until stiff..
- Use to cover pie... making swirls or press through a pastry bag with a # 6 rosette tip. Deecorate with chocolate curls
- Store in freezer until serving...
- Let set at room temp for 5-10 minutes for easier serving...
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!