Moms French Cheese Pie - Quiche LorraineFrom julesong 6 years ago
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell shopping list
- 6 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled (or roughly chopped) shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onions (about 1 medium onion) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese (original recipe calls for swiss cheese) shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (which Mom omits, but I like) shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups light cream or half-and-half shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the bacon until it is crisp, remove it from the pan and set it aside, then drain the fat while reserving 1 tablespoon of it in the pan.
- Add the onion and gently cook it until it is tender, but is not browned.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, light cream or half & half, salt, and pepper.
- Crumble or roughly chop the bacon to your preference.
- Place the pie shell in a pie plate.
- Place the bacon, onion, and cheese in the bottom if the pie shell/crust, then pour the egg mixture over.
- Bake in the preheated 375 degree F oven for about 45 minutes, or until the quiche is firm and lightly browned.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, then serve immediately.
- I recommend using my Mom's Oil Crust Pie Shell recipe, too! :) Moms Oil Crust Pie Shell