BEEF AND BARLEY SOUPFrom linebb956 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds of beef stew meat... I buy chuck roast on sale and cut up to save $ shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oil shopping list
- 1 cup carrots thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 medium onion chopped shopping list
- 1/2 green pepper chopped shopping list
- 1/4 fresh parsley chopped fine shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fine garlic shopping list
- 4 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2/3 cup pearl barley shopping list
- 1 1/2 basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- water ? shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- cut meat into 1" cubes and brown in oil in hot skillet, do a third at a time .. drain and add to crockpot
- In crockpit combine carrots, celery, onion, green pepper, garlic and parsley.
- Add broth, undrained tomatoes, barley and tomato sauce.
- Stir in seasonings.. taste.. add more water if needed. I like to add more water and beef cubes...
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours or on High for 4 1/2 - 5 hours..
- Skim of fats and serve in big bowls with fresh hot rolls..
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating4 people
Love crockpot, comfort food - sounds easy and delicious! 5 forks from me!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
Family fave!!thaatguurl in Maud loved it
Very good. I found I had to thin it a little.lovinsun in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!