Cinnamon Kataifi With NutsFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- FOR THE SYRUP: shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- few drops of lemon juice shopping list
- FOR THE KATAIFI DOUGH: shopping list
- 1/2kg kataifi dough shopping list
- 1 cup melted ghee or butter+2 tbsp. shopping list
- 1/3 cup super fine caster sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup roasted pistashio. shopping list
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts. shopping list
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecan. shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder. shopping list
How to make it
- -Preheat oven to 375F and position rack in center of oven.
- -Make the syrup by mixing the sugar and the water together in a saucepan over medium heat till all sugar is dissolved,add the lemon drops,raise the heat and let simmer for 6-7 minutes.Remove from heat and let cool completly.
- For The kataifi:
- 1-Mix together the kataifi(the kataifi dough should be cut in 2cm stribes using scissors)the sugar and the melted ghee and rub all together with your hands till all combined.
- 2-Grease a 24cm aluminum dish with 2 tbsp melted ghee.
- 3-pat half of the dough in the dish with your hands so that all the dish is evenly covere.Use a smaller dish and put it on top of the dough, press firmly with both of your hands.
- 4-Mix together the nuts and the cinnamon with 2 tsp sugar and give it a pulse or two in your mixer.
- 5-Spread the nuts all over the dough.
- 6-cover the nuts layer with the rest of the kataifi dough and again use the small dish to press the dough firmly.
- 7-Bake for 30-40 minutes till top turn golden.
- 8-Take out from oven and pour the cooled syrup over the hot surface.
- 9-Leave it for 5 min utes till all syrup is absorbed and place a bigger serving dish on top and flip quickly.
- Served warm or cold.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating5 people
mmm..looks delicious Ahmedmagali777 in Mexico loved it
You got me on this one! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Wow...that sounds super! I know my Pappa especially will eat half by himsel and that is good cause his apetite is poor.. Thanks for the post.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!