Cinnamon Kataifi With NutsFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- FOR THE SYRUP: shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- few drops of lemon juice shopping list
- FOR THE KATAIFI DOUGH: shopping list
- 1/2kg kataifi dough shopping list
- 1 cup melted ghee or butter+2 tbsp. shopping list
- 1/3 cup super fine caster sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup roasted pistashio. shopping list
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts. shopping list
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecan. shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder. shopping list
How to make it
- -Preheat oven to 375F and position rack in center of oven.
- -Make the syrup by mixing the sugar and the water together in a saucepan over medium heat till all sugar is dissolved,add the lemon drops,raise the heat and let simmer for 6-7 minutes.Remove from heat and let cool completly.
- For The kataifi:
- 1-Mix together the kataifi(the kataifi dough should be cut in 2cm stribes using scissors)the sugar and the melted ghee and rub all together with your hands till all combined.
- 2-Grease a 24cm aluminum dish with 2 tbsp melted ghee.
- 3-pat half of the dough in the dish with your hands so that all the dish is evenly covere.Use a smaller dish and put it on top of the dough, press firmly with both of your hands.
- 4-Mix together the nuts and the cinnamon with 2 tsp sugar and give it a pulse or two in your mixer.
- 5-Spread the nuts all over the dough.
- 6-cover the nuts layer with the rest of the kataifi dough and again use the small dish to press the dough firmly.
- 7-Bake for 30-40 minutes till top turn golden.
- 8-Take out from oven and pour the cooled syrup over the hot surface.
- 9-Leave it for 5 min utes till all syrup is absorbed and place a bigger serving dish on top and flip quickly.
- Served warm or cold.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating5 people
Wow...that sounds super! I know my Pappa especially will eat half by himsel and that is good cause his apetite is poor.. Thanks for the post.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
You got me on this one! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
mmm..looks delicious Ahmedmagali777 in Mexico loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!