Creamy Tomato And Basil SoupFrom martyk35 9 years ago
- 12 Tbsp butter or maragrine shopping list
- 3 medium yellow or red onions, diced shopping list
- 6 cups any type of white wine shopping list
- 9 cups of any type of canned diced tomatoes shopping list
- 6 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 9 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- MELT butter in a heavy sauce pan.
- Add yellow or red onions and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and reduce by 3/4.
- Add tomatoes and heavy cream, bring to a simmer and reduce by 1/2.
- PUREE soup in a food processor.
- Stir in 2 Tbsp chopped basil, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with diced Basil