Toor Dal FryFrom sachinh 6 years ago
- 1 cup Toor Dal shopping list
- 3/4 tsp mustard seeds shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 1 sprig curry leaves shopping list
- 2 tbsp ghee shopping list
- 1 medium tomato (Diced) shopping list
- 1 small onion (Chop) shopping list
- A pinch of turmeric shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- A pinch of hing shopping list
- 2 red chilis shopping list
- coriander leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Wash toor dal and Presure cook dal for 12-15 mins and keep aside for cooling.
- heat ghee in a pan on low flame, add mustard seeds and hing let it splutter.
- Add the cumin and curry leaves and leave that for a few seconds.
- Add the onion and chillies and fry till it onion is brown and then add the tomato pieces and fry that till tender.
- Add turmeric powder and fry for a few more seconds. When done, add the dal salt.
- Add a little water as required and leave it for some time on simmer. Garnish with corriander leaves.
- Serve with Hot Rice or Chapathi
The Cooksachinh San Jose, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!