Cabbage NoodlesFrom recipediva 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 4 cup sliced cabbage shopping list
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds ( I personally do not use this, to be true german it gets added. I just do not like caraway seeds in my dishes or rye bread.) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- pepper to taste ( I like it peppery) shopping list
- 1 8 oucnce package egg noodles cooked, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add onions and saute' until soft. Add cabbage saute' 5 minutes or until crisp tender. Add seasoning ( this is where I also add a little sugar to sweeten the cabbage just a pinch or two). Add cooked drained noodles. You can add sour cream, if desired. Cook 5 minutes longer stirring frequently. I have never added sour cream this way. I add it as wanted during serving. Not everyone likes sour cream. In germany it is not traditional.
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!