Roasted Asparagus amp Red Pepper Tartlets with Tarragon Brie SauceFrom shoebearsmom 9 years ago
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen puff pastry shells (6) shopping list
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® evaporated milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper shopping list
- 1 wedge (8 oz.) brie cheese, rind removed, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven 400º F. Bake pastry shells according to package directions; set aside.
- TOSS asparagus and red pepper with olive oil in medium bowl. Place on baking sheet with sides.
- BAKE for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- COMBINE evaporated milk, flour, tarragon, mustard, salt, and white pepper in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce begins to thicken. Add Brie and continue to stir until melted. Add lemon juice and roasted vegetables; cook for one more minute, stirring occasionally.
- SPOON 1/3 cup mixture into individual shells. Top with pastry rounds. Serve immediately.
- This was great! I have also used this as a chip/bread dip without the shells.