Filipino Beef PocheroFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 2 1/2 lbs stew beef, cut into cubes shopping list
- 1 small head of a cabbage quartered shopping list
- 1/4 kilo Chinese cabbage krinkley edged shopping list
- 2 medium sized potatoes quartered shopping list
- 5 plantains peeled and sliced in the middle shopping list
- 1 big can of pork and beans shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato paste shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 small onion sliced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- i like to add a selection of hot peppers. shopping list
How to make it
- Start by frying the plantains.
- fry until slightly golden brown.\
- Drain off the oil and set aside.
- Saute the garlic and onions.
- add in the beef.
- Saute until it changes color.
- Season with some salt and pepper.
- Next add in the tomato paste and water.
- Mix and let it boil.
- Cover and simmer over low medium heat until beef is tender.
- Once the beef is tender, add in the potatoes.
- Let it simmer some more until the potatoes are cooked.
- At this point you can add in the rest of the ingredients.
- The veggies, pork and beans and plantains.
- I usually just pile them in and cover for a few minutes allowing the veggies to wilt a bit.
- Afterwards I gently mix them until their well incorporated into the sauce.
- Serve with crunchy rolls or bread.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating7 people
i bet this dish is very tasty. thanks for the post!rodelbanares in Marikina loved it
This one sounds greatcheryilyn in Salem loved it